Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Beautiful Clutch

I've been very busy today!  Mostly with tax stuff (we have an appointment on Friday), but also with wedding things.  Yesterday, I made an appointment to consult with my friend's mom about my cake and contacted the hotel I'll be using for our group reservations.  While I didn't get anything concrete for the hotel, they've assured me that the general manager will be calling me back when she's in (apparently only she can handle it).

I picked out and ordered my garters today, as well as the beautiful clutch I've been eying.  After all, I'll have to put my lipstick somewhere!  Here's the sample photo of the clutch (it's custom made in my colors, so my actual clutch will be slightly different):


So the lady making my cake made a novel suggestion that might not be such a bad idea.  My problem with other bakers I've looked at is that they can't achieve a cake that's even close to perfect; I couldn't in good conscience allow someone to make my cake who I feel lacks the skill to do the details right.

Jana (that's her name) does an amazing job on cakes already, with things looking just right in every way, and she says that if I have a fake display cake made, that the fondant on the cake will look even better.  What this means is that there would be a hollow cake decorated with everything I want, then they will actually cut and serve a series of sheet cakes in whatever flavor I like.  This will also save my guests from having to eat fondant (blegh!).  Below is a pictures of the faux cake she made for her daughter.


It's so beautiful!  I'm thinking about asking her to make the top tier and bottom tier real though, so that we can actually cut our cake and freeze our top tier to eat on our anniversary.

-- Heather

0 comments:

Post a Comment